viernes, 9 de noviembre de 2018

My calm

I beheld the power of my words,
those truthful to my feelings
and written without a shadow of doubt.

You're still the source of my happiness,
illuminating my face this evening,
thanks to the smile you didn't deny me,
and your fragrant proximity.

All my nerves, knotted in my gut,
the fear crawling in my bones,
the shame glowing red
in my cheeks, both from
shyness and awkwardness...

... Everything vanished in an instant
of auric dreamish mist;
that glorious instant
when you looked at me.

After having thought
you now wouldn't like to see me,
knowing you still listened to me
and that my presence wasn't annoying,
a huge relief drowned me
as calm now everything is.

For just a moment I feared
I'd lost the last reason
I had left, to keep on living...

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario